Acacia Products manufactures and distributes a range of recycled polymer poles ideal for oyster farming. Buy Oyster Poles direct from the factory.
Our polymer technicians began developing the BounceBack (R) pole during 2018. By October a local oyster farmer had installed our first 85mm diameter poles in Narooma NSW. This trial has been an outstanding success. The poles exhibit great strength, even during a very hot summer.
During early 2019 we developed two additional size poles with a diameter of 40mm and 50mm respectively.
About our Oyster Poles
We currently supply 5 sizes of oyster poles;
- 100mm White Lease Marker Poles
- 85mm dual layer pole – suitable for use with floating bag systems (up to 4.0mtr lengths)
- 83mm single layer poles – suitable for use with floating bag systems (over 4.0mtr lengths)
- 50mm poles with a single 4mm layer – particularly suitable for adjustable long line systems and some floating bag systems.
- 40mm poles with a single 3mm layer – particularly suitable for tidal systems. These 40mm poles also make very good rails for traditional rack and stick oyster farming.
The 85mm Bounceback ® Poles contain two layers. We manufacture the inner layer from a super strong recycled thermoplastic. This core layer has a high operating temperature (approx. 135 degrees Celsius). Therefore our Oyster Poles don’t go weak in the summer heat. The core layer is also UV stabilised. This inner layer features a very high break point. Therefore our poles are very durable.
The outer layer is a 100% recycled polyethylene. We add the best UV stabilisers and heat absorbers available to this layer. Therefore our poles are durable in any climate. All our poles are also jet black (not grey or even dark grey) to satisfy environmental requirements.
We use 316 stainless screws if fix the layers together. The two layers combine to provide a pole has enough flexibility and a lot of strength. This gives our poles enough strength to handle strong winds, impact with boats, and strong tides.
Both the 40mm and 50mm product is made from the same thermoplastic as the inner layer of the 85mm oyster pole. A black additive is added to provide the desired jet black finish.
The advantages of our BounceBack ® Oyster Poles
- Very strong and durable.
- Made from 100% recycled materials.
- Rigid even in the heat.
- They can be drilled through. This will allow easy attachment of tumbler lines and the like.
- 100% of the materials contain UV stabilisers.
- Very rigid compared to oyster poles made from recycled “soft plastics”.
- The black outer layer meets environmental requirements.
- Relatively lightweight and economical to transport.
Availability and Pricing
We have fully stocked with 85mm round oyster poles in lengths made to order. Our 85mm and 83mm poles are ideal for use with the floating bag system for Oyster Farming.
We are also developing poles with a smaller diameter. Oyster farmers using other systems will be able to use these poles. We are developing poles with a diameter of approximately 40mm and 50mm.
All sizes of poles will be available in lengths up to 8 metres. This makes our poles are suitable for the deepest water. We will make poles above 6 metres to order.
Recycled Plastic Oyster Poles
Both layers are made from 100% recycled materials. They are also 100% recyclable. They are a full cycle recyclable product adding to sustainable production of Oysters throughout Australia.
We consume the equivalent of 36 2 litre milk bottles when manufacturing a 3.6metre outer layer for the 85mm pole. The inner layer consumes even more recycled material. Using our oyster poles prevents valuable polymers going to landfill. We will use different sources for our materials however we are committed to recycled materials throughout.
We developed our Oyster pole from technology we use for our horse fence post known as the E-Post. The equine industry makes extensive use of these posts. They are an attractive, durable and environmentally friendly post. These posts have been used in the harshest climates and showcase our products longevity. See BounceBack Horse Fence for more information on our fence posts.